Livingstone update:
It seems like there is always something new to report on, so here is our new news:
1) John made contact with BYU-I yesterday, they told him there were two lists of applicants to call-- a short list of applicants to interview and a list of people to crush their world and let them know they're not interested. He wouldn't tell John which list he was on or when he'd hear back, so we're really no better off except that we know they're at least making progress.
2) As a big surprise, Josie is sick ... again. This time she has Pneumonia AND RSV. They decided not to admit her to the hospital yesterday because she responded so well to the breathing treatments. She is the most miserable I've ever seen her and we're hoping that she recovers soon. It is frustrating to make a one year old wear a mask to inhale medicine for 15 minutes every 4 hours when they are already so wiggly and irritable. She finally slept last night for the first night in four, therefore, John and I also were able to finally rest last night for the first time in four nights. She also has ear infections in both ears and even though they are draining the mucus is infected so she's suffering from that and hopefully will respond to the external drops she's getting and the antibiotic she's on. All in all, she'll live I'm sure and we'll also live through this, but I sure wish she could get healthy and stay that way. I just don't know how she even picks everything up, but we're praying for her immune system to build up enough to fight these infections and any others that may come her way in the near future so that she can get healthy. And, reason #572 to live closer to family: it is so hard to depend on other people to help. One of my sweet friends picked Johnny up from school yesterday and watched the kids all day, which I am so grateful for, but it is hard to ask and it's hard to feel so far from family when you really need help.
3) Johnny had his 100 day party at school a few weeks ago and they had to make a poster displaying 100 things, so this is the one we made together and he was so excited to post a picture of it so everyone could see.
4) I got a new kitchen table! Happy tax return to us! we finally have enough room that we can all eat together and have the food on the table at the same time. Also we can now invite people over because we have 8 chairs and a leaf that extends it into a perfect 54 inch square. I woke up so excited this morning just to go look at it and smell it (because it smells so new). So, there is an open invitation to all to come and visit and eat with us because now we have lots of room for everyone to sit!
5) My Dad and Mom and Tyra are coming this weekend and we are all so excited. Now that we've been here for awhile we have a really long list of fun things to do and we're not sure a week will be long enough to do it all. Every morning when Johnny wakes up, before he's even coherent, he names the number of days until Tyra gets here, it's really sweet. We've been preparing and planning and we're really looking forward to spending some time together and now we have a new kitchen table to fit us all!





6 comments:
I love the table Mindy, it looks great! We'll be praying for Josie, may all the medications work so she'll get back to normal soon. Have fun with your parents and Tyra, sounds like a great week! We love you guys.
Poor Josie. The poor thing. They told us in the hospital with Blake because his immune system would be compromised from the harsh antibioitcs the best way to build that up is to have everyone wash there hands. I know it is a pain but it totally works. I being the germ a phobe made people wash and sanitize. I know I am a freak. We are praying for little Josie.
Josie we are sure praying for you. I didn't realize you have ear infections too. We feel so bad for you. You need to come back to Utah and get healthy. Johnny I LOVE your poster!!! 100 pennies. . . what a great idea. I bet everyone in school loved it. We hope you have sooooo much from with Grandma and Grandpa Petersen and Tyra. How fun to have them all to yourselves. We love you all.
Mindy I forgot to say how beautiful your table and chairs look. How exciting! We'll have to come down again before you come back. John we're praying that you'll get the job where the Lord needs you the most. You'll do great where ever you are. We love you all tons and tons.
Poor little Josie and poor you and John. I remember when Emree kept getting sick with her ear infections and it seemed like an up hill battle. Tough little cutie to be suffering with just more than the ears. We'll pray for her! LOVE the table too! So cute. You'll have to take a pic with the leaf in it and post it for us to see. Love you guys
Yahoo! Party at the Livingstones. Great table. Josie I am so sorry your so sick. I hope you get better soon. Johnny I love you penny poster. Ethan made a poster too and we used 100 fruit loops. Love you all!
Post a Comment