Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Family Reunion at "the Farm"





The first weekend in August is always dedicated to a reunion on my Mom's side of the family, always held at my Grandpa's Farm in Ashton. This year was very sentimental for me as we've been doing this for so many years and I have so many special memories of times we've spent there. It is especially wonderful to see many of my Mom's ten siblings and their families, I love them all so much! I also love that my kids enjoy their time at the Farm. They love jumping on the trampoline, swinging on the swingset and catching grasshoppers in jars. This year we hooked up a projecter outside and watched Astronaut Farmer on the side of the shed and a weekend at the Farm is never complete until you get an old-fashioned milkshake from City Drug. My Grandpa is the best dutch oven cook and we enjoy our food cooked outside by him. He also loves giving kids hay rides behind his big tractor and we enjoy the stories he tells of his childhood growing up in Ashton. Like John, he was raised with 6 sisters and I love hearing him tell his stories about his family. The Farm is such a peaceful place to visit and we made so many good memories this year and hope that there will be many more years to come!

No comments: