Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Developing Talents

I went to this amazing class last week with our ward that teaches how to make bread, from all Food Storage items, in less than an hour.
I left totally motivated and inspired, and wouldn't you know it-- it actually worked!
It was my FIRST time making bread EVER, so I was amazed and the kids loved the smell. Johnny thought I was pretty amazing and kept saying he'd never smelled anything so good!
The first time I made it, I made 2 loaves of bread, a strawberry cream cheese braid (so yummy), and some rolls. They were gone the first day!
The next day I made a stuffed crust pizza (also so yummy), cinnamon twists, and another loaf of bread.
I'm finding that I'm enjoying becoming more domesticated. I really am excited about this because it really, truly is easy-- and if I can do it, anyone can do it!



8 comments:

Honey said...

what? no recipe? It looks delish!

Lexie said...

I'm very impressed. I'd love the recipes! All of it looks delicious.

Shauni said...

That's awesome, Mindy! I have another friend from Pleasant Grove who did something very similar at her Enrichment night and posted very similar bread success pictures. I'll have to give it a try!

Will you PLEASE tell me where you got the hot dogs and buns like J-Dawgs uses? Jeremy is a huge fan as well, so we'd love to be able to make them ourselves. Let me know! :)

Kate said...

YUMMY! Do share please, the recipe that is, or bread too!

Ranay said...

Way to go! They all look delicious. Please share the recipes!!

Mindy Burns said...

Ok Mindy- teach the other Mindy your secret! I still haven't ever made a loaf of bread EVER so please share your knowledge! I want to be domesticated too :)

Mix Family said...

wow, i am so impressed. i think you've inspired me. i am intimidated by baking bread, but i'm setting a goal this week to make homemade bread. can you post the recipe on 'the magic recipe box'?

The Henwood's said...

Hey Min! I am excited to try the recipe...hopefully soon! Love you guys! Congrats!