Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Putting Down Roots


It's official ... We are now HOMEOWNERS!

We closed today on our 1st home. We are so excited and can't wait to move in. We're thrilled to finally put down some roots and have a place of our own for a long time.

About a month ago Maggie asked, "Am I going to go to 1st grade at SS Elementary?" At this point we weren't sure what the future had in store for us so I felt really bad and told her I just wasn't sure. It was when she asked, "Am I going to go to 2nd grade at the same school I'm going to 1st grade?" that made me really feel like it was time to settle down somewhere. We've moved around a lot and we're grateful and excited to get to stay in our same neighborhood so full of wonderful people. We couldn't ask for better neighbors and we didn't even look at any other homes, we knew exactly what we wanted!
We've feel really blessed with the way everything has worked out.

Now, it's time to move ...

8 comments:

Traci said...

I am so excited!!!! It is nice to know that we will have good neighbors moving in next to us. And you are getting some great neighbors too.... us, in case you were wondering! Now let's go see that movie!

Julie P said...

Congratulations! It's a huge milestone - and how nice to be settled before the next baby!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

congratulations. how exciting for your family!

Kendra said...

I want details!!! How far did you move, what's the house like, etc., etc. I can't wait to be in your shoes:) Congrats!

logans mom said...

Congratulations! That house is beautiful! I am so glad you are staying on the street! I am Ready to carry some boxes across the street!

erika said...

We are happy for you!
When you get a moment take some pictures of the new home.

AMBER said...

Good for you oguys that is so exciting!!!

Mindy Burns said...

YAY!!!! That is sooooo exciting!!!! Is it seriously across the street? Same neighborhood? That's so great!