

October 25, 2006
This is what happens when you get grounded from the Gamecube, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. John was at Young Men's on Wednesday night and Johnny and Maggie were looking for something to do and they came up with the idea to make battle jackets out of shopping bags. Johnny got some scissors and made arm and head holes for them both and they stayed quite entertained for the rest of the night! Johnny got his Gamecube taken away because he's been having a hard time with swimming lessons. I've discovered that whenever he's asked to do anything hard at home, swimming, and school he decides to take a potty break to get out of the situation. When he went to swimming lessons on Tuesday he decided to go to the bathroom when his teacher wanted to help him float on his stomach after he knew not to, so his Gamecube was taken away for 2 days. Yesterday was the last day of swimming lessons and Johnny decided not to finish and made the choice to earn the money to pay me back for the lessons and have his Gamecube taken away for 5 days. Very disappointing that he quit in a hard situation, so needless to say I'm grateful that the weather is still nice because I think we're going to have to spend some more time in the pool. But, congratulations to Maggie who graduated from level one to level two and is turning into quite the little fish! She did just great and we're so proud of her for overcoming her fear of the water enough to learn to hold her breath under water, float on her back and stomach, turn from her back to her stomach and also to dive under the water. Bummer that Johnny will have to start in level one while she advances to level two, but so it goes!
Kewpie
2 days ago




1 comment:
What a super idea to make those fun battle jackets! You guys are such creative kids. Congratulations Maggie on passing your swimming lessons! I wish we could come and watch you swim. Johnny I bet you'll do great next time. I know you can do hard things 'cuz I've watched you play Gamecube. You'll have to ask Grandpa about when he took swimming lessons - he was just like you but now he is a great swimmer. He was even on the swim team in High School. We love you so much and miss you so much.
Post a Comment