Because we're moving in three weeks and I've so far only packed one box .. I have bad timing when it comes to my latest obsession, which is a new book. One of my cousins said it was great and so about a month ago I ordered it used from Amazon.com. It didn't come for about 3 weeks and I never even read the back cover to see what it was about. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it back down and I have been hooked ever since! The book is called Twilight, written by Stephenie Meyer. After I finished all 544 pages of Twilight in three days, I couldn't stop thinking about it! I planned on checking the sequel called, New Moon, out at the library a couple days later-- but I found myself at Target the next day for some other things and I just had to buy it and had all 562 pages of it finished within the next three days. So far my last week is a blur because I can't stop thinking about this story! I started rereading the first book again last night to go over it all again and pick up what I may have missed and it is just as captivating as the first time I read it! So, the bonus that John pointed out to me after I was half-way through the second book, is that Stephenie Meyer is a BYU graduate and after looking her up on Amazon.com and on her website, she's LDS! One of the best things about these stories is how amazingly clean they are, and so now I'm one of her biggest fans. There is book 3 and 4 also in the works and I'm so excited the story continues. I'm also dying for someone else to read this book so I can rant and rave to someone else, so here's your referrel for a good book! 

Kewpie
2 days ago




7 comments:
Mindy!! Call me, call me!! I love this series!! I've read the the first two and can hardly wait for the third to come out in August. Infact, Stephenie Meyer is coming out here for her book signing and as a book club we want to go. I am so happy you love them! I have been ranting and raving about these books and Ryan just makes fun of me, especially when I try and explain it to others. On her website you can read the first chapter of Midnight Sun. It's Edward's perspective of Twilight. I am so glad that there is someone else (outside of our book club) that is obsessed too. I can't wait. We'll have to talk!
How fun. You've both peeked my interest! It will make great "post-wall" reading. I love to read and I hardly ever get to. I'm excited to look them up. Love you guys.
First off, I love that you changed your language setting to spanish. I'll get to the library next week, maybe tomorrow! I'll call you when I finish the first one. Marc will hate me for it. Thanks for your comment, I guess everyone has their celeb infatuation. It makes me feel a little normal to know that I'm not the only one that has one!
that sounds good I will look for it today at the library when we go. Thanks for the suggestion. Good luck with the move. We would love to see you when you come and get settled. I am also volunteering Dan to come and help unload your truck, do you need help?
Holy reader. I am so glad that you found some good books. In the fall I'll have to check them out of our library. About seven peaks my kids would love for you to come with us. We can't wait for you guys to get here. Aug 3 is girls night at grandma's.
Hey guys...I just have to say that I read the blogs all the time but I am so bad to leave comments. Sounds like a great book. I'll have to recommend it to our book club. I didn't have time to read the last book we did so I'll have to get back on board maybe in the fall when I will have more time to read...hopefully. We can hardly wait to have you guys back! Love you all.
Mindy
You and Nicole Goggins made me interested in this series. I thought... hum a book about vampires...ok. Then I remembered that our taste in books is very similar and I have heard other recommendations. I finished the first two books in 1.5 days each. They are so captivating. I am in the middle of the third and I am taking it a little slower because the next book isn't coming out until Fall 08. :( I don't want it to end.
Thanks for the awesome recommendation!
Your kids are darling... i am glad you are happy.
Post a Comment