Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lawn Mowing Pro!




These pictures are mostly for my Dad who will be so proud of me for mowing a lawn for the first time in my life! I really wanted to buy a self-propelled mower so that John wouldn't be the only one that could mow the lawn on top of all his other obligations, and I was really excited to be able to do it. Week after week there would be a landscaping team showing up and mowing our grass for us. This week they came again and before they mowed the grass they checked their books and realized they weren't supposed to be taking care of our yard anymore, so I finally got my chance! We are on a corner lot and we have a lot of grass to care for, and I'm excited for the opportunities of making our yard better and maybe planting some flowers and really learning how to care for a yard. So, Dad, here's to your investment in our lawn really paying off!

4 comments:

Charisse said...

Way to go Mindy!! I have yet to mow a lawn in my life also. Looks like fun!!

Jennifer M said...

That's an impressive milestone, Mindy! Until last year my dear Jeremy hadn't mowed a lawn either. Keep up the good work!

Honey said...

I'm afraid I would have been tempted not to say anything to the lawn care people (I'm evil!). I must say though that I have mowed a lawn once or twice..not my favorite. Great job!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

Great job Mindy. It is great exercise. I love mowing our lawn.