Friday, December 08, 2006

No wonder she's so loud!


This morning Josie had a Doctor appointment to see an Ears, Nose, & Throat specialist because of her chronic ear infections. After examining her ears the Doctor was surprised to find not fluid behind her ears, but mucous and asked how her hearing was. I thought it was fine, but he sent us over to audiology just to check. As it turns out, she has little to no hearing in both of her ears! As I thought about this, I realized that lately as she's learned how to babble more, she yells instead of talks. She is so loud that it is very distracting and nerve racking! I told the Doctor this and he said that she likely can't really hear herself so she is louder than she should be. They wanted to get her in for surgery before we leave for Christmas but there were no openings until January, and then later this morning the nurse called me because there was a man that cancelled his surgery for Monday morning because he is sick. I'm sorry for the poor man but I feel like it is such a blessing for us that he got sick! She went ahead and scheduled it and talked to our insurance and everything. It turns out that the cancellation was at the only hospital our insurance would cover anyway, so we're feeling the blessings being poured out upon us. We're going in early Monday morning and I'm so grateful for good friends that are willing to help out with the other kids. I have to leave early so I need someone to take Maggie at the crack of dawn and someone to take Johnny to school-- so I'm grateful for their sacrifices on my behalf. We were so blessed to find such good friends here that have made it so much easier to be so far from home. I'm sure that Josie is going to be good as new and we're looking forward to her being much quieter!

5 comments:

Marcie said...

Poor Josie! What a blessing to be able to get her in so quickly. So what does the operation intale? Do they go in and remove the mucas and will it come back? She'll be good as new once it's done. Keep us posted on everything. Love you guys

The Henwood's said...

Poor Josie! Emma was the same and went in for surgery the day after Reecy and Eric were married so she was a few months older. It is so nice to get them fixed...but it is hard on them right as they come out of the anesthesia. I am sure she will do great!!! Let us know how everything goes!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

We're praying for you little Josie. We hope everything goes or has gone well. Aunt Reecy had the same thing done. We love you so much and are so grateful for kind friends who help with Johnny and Maggie when Grandmas can't be there. Love you all.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

We're praying for you little Josie. We hope everything goes or has gone well. Aunt Reecy had the same thing done. We love you so much and are so grateful for kind friends who help with Johnny and Maggie when Grandmas can't be there. Love you all.

Jeannie Barclay said...

Good thing you went in when you did. Is the mucas from all the ear infections or just genetic? You'll have to keep us posted. We'll pray for you Josie. Love you all. Jeannie