So my wonderful friend, Mauri, tagged me! I usually skip these things over and never respond, but I enjoy reading everyone else's so I figured I'd be a good sport.
What I was doing ten years ago: Ten years ago I was a just getting the swing of good ol’ Ricks College (Now BYU-I) … am I old? I had met my future husband because we were in the same ward and FHE group, yes the program works! And I was loving everything about life in Rexburg, except my job in the Cafeteria’s kitchen. It was a great time of life and I was extremely happy with the path my life was on.
What I was doing five years ago: Five years ago John had just started his first year in BYU’s Clinical Psychology program. We were currently living in a little 4-plex near BYU and we lived around the corner from our bro. and sis.-in-law, Micki & Spencer. We made some of the greatest friends we ever knew while living there in that little apartment. Johnny was almost two years old and I was 6 ½ months into my stressful pregnancy with Maggie. She had her cord wrapped so tightly around her neck that they were worried about her oxygen supply, so I spent weekly visits to the hospital for tests to make sure she was alive and doing okay. The end of Sept. also brought with it an exciting time because at the beginning of October my brother was coming home from serving his mission in Africa and we had missed him greatly!
One Year Ago: One year ago we were living in Tucson, Arizona, which now seems just like a memory. The kids were in swimming lessons and it was still 100 degrees outside. We were making lots of friends from our ward and Maggie and Johnny were both going to school and involved in other activities that kept us busy. We were also looking forward to a trip to Disneyland that we took the beginning of October. I was very homesick and we were spending our vacation with my parents, so I, like the kids, was counting down the days! I was also working one night a week at the Gap in the mall and really enjoyed my time there and made a couple of really good friends and enjoying the discount.
Yesterday: Yesterday was Monday and I was thrown quickly back into the swing of things from the weekend! I woke up at a little before 6 a.m. to work out, got Johnny ready for school so he could walk out the door by 7:30, showered and got Maggie ready to walk out the door by 9:15. After dropping her off at school I ran some errands, picked her back up, vacuumed the car, went home to get ready for Mom Livingstone to come play with Maggie and Josie while I went and read to Johnny’s first grade class. Got home from the school, took Maggie to play over at a friend’s house and then worked on laundry, cleaning catch-up from the morning, put together an FHE lesson, and made dinner. Sounds like a lot, but at night I usually crash!
5 snacks I enjoy: I enjoy all snacks, but mostly I don’t eat snacks, I eat treats. Treats include anything I really shouldn’t be eating-- such as: I can down a whole bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos in one sitting, I love most any food combination that includes chocolate and peanut butter, Diet Coke (couldn’t live without it), Krispy Kreme, and cheesecake from A.J.’s, my favorite “treat” place in Tucson ( I have yet to find anything to replace it with).
Five things I would do if I had $100 Million: If I had $100 Million I would pay off student loans, build my dream house, go on luxurious vacations, take an amazing shopping spree including new cars, save for the kids’ college & retirement, and share with friends and family.
Five places I would love to run away to: Right now I would love to run away to anywhere that doesn’t include doing dishes, laundry, making meals, carpooling, and kids (love ‘em, but need a break). So, there are 5 things I’d love to run away from and I’d go pretty much anywhere where there is sun, sand, and a beach!
Five TV shows I like: The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, 24, Lost, & right now I’m ashamed to admit, Dancing with the Stars.
Five things I hate doing: I hate doing laundry, making dinner, straightening my hair when it’s too long, migraines, & working when I’d rather be home with my family.
Five biggest joys of the moment: Josie’s “babbling”, having my back in good shape, Halloween treats in the stores, fall season in Utah County (Provo), & my good, beautiful kids.
I now have to tag five (or so) people: Melissa Peterson, Allison Harris, Kendra Anderson, Honey Hunt, Charisse Allen, & Lexie Matson.
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago




6 comments:
How fun! I have such good memories that I seem to be forgetting (so sad!), so thanks for making me think about them. Isn't it funny how ten years seems SO long ago, yet it really wasn't THAT long ago when you think of what you were doing...time flies!
Oh gosh, that is really pulling at my bad memory. I swear it gets worse with each kid!! Some of my "law school wives" friends went and had dessert at Cheesecake factory, oh my heck it was the best cheesecake I had ever had. I remember you saying how much you loved the cheesecake factory. We will definately have to go get some when you guys come!! I enjoyed reading about you!!
Thanks for humoring me! It's so fun to see where life has taken your friends. Now we just need to figure out how to take our lives where we can be closer and play Settlers and have those amazing little chocolate cakes that John made...
I am so excited for grey's tomorrow night I can hardly wait!!! I keep waking up this week thinking--is it Thursday yet? nope, darn. But it's right around the corner now, and tonight is the spin off so I'm going to watch to see if it is as satisfying as the other!
Fun, I just read patti's! It would take too long to type. It's sure fun to read though! Love ya!
Isn't it amazing how time flies? We are so happy you are close. We love you.
Post a Comment