Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Countdown ...

For Halloween this year Johnny wanted to be Optimus Prime, but the costume was $30 and I didn't want to spend that much, nor did I know at the time who Optimus Prime was (transformer), so I told him I'd pay him $8 to be a Star Wars Jedi and use his costume from last year. Easy deal, he'll do anything for money. Maggie wanted to be a cheerleader and I pondered the best way to make that happen. I looked at patterns to sew a costume, looked at all the lame cheerleader costumes in the store, and came up short in both areas. Thankfully, Grandma Livingstone saved the day. She is an amazing sewer and just whipped her costume right up and it turned out perfect! My mom bought Josie the cutest piggie costume that she just loves. Josie loved piggies and it couldn't have been more cute, she makes her little piggie sound when I show it to her.

It seems like the week or so before Halloween there are always all kinds of different activities going on where the kids get to dress up in their costumes and lots of candy is involved. The first activity was a party that my parents' ward in Idaho had. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time, played lots of fun games and were pleased to have Grandma & Grandpa take them and show them off a bit!









We always have a fun time in Idaho. The kids played outside ALL day and didn't mind the cold at all! We spent lots of time with my brother and his wife which was really great and my Dad always makes my favorites to eat! We're looking forward to spending more time there for the holidays!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I love that you paid Johnny! That is so awesome! Everyone looks adorable:)

Charisse said...

I love the costumes! We went up to UT last weekend and Blake always said how cold he was and even when he was playing inside he wouldn't take his coat off. Hope your kids have fun trick or treating tonight!!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

You guys look so cute. Sounds like you had alot of fun in IF. It was fun to do Maggie's costume. Glad it turned out. I love to sew for my grandkids. Thanks for asking me. Love you all.