We flew into Chicago on Saturday, and I was taken back with the beauty of the midwest. It was so refreshing to see all the green vegetation all around us. When we flew in there had been a tornado watch due to some severe storms looming around Chicago, and while we were hanging around the mall waiting for the rest of my family to fly in so we could meet them for dinner-- they upgraded the storm to a tornado warning. Can we say scary? They shooed us out of the stores and evacuated everyone in the mall into their tornado shelters. My knees were weak, and I wanted to cry because tornados are on top of my list of biggest fears. Thank goodness we had the little kids with us because I had to be tough for them! We didn't have to stay too long and we made it to dinner at Giordano's Pizza with my family. Relief! On Sunday we went to church and the diversity reminded me of Tucson-- it was awesome. We also visited Lake Michigan, the Medical School Mike attends, and some beautiful neighborhoods with amazing homes and lawns and fields.
Here is Tyra playing with a sand castle
Drake & Madelyn loved throwing rocks in the water
The sky was beautiful!
The water was FREEZING!
It looked like the ocean with the waves and water as far as you could see
It was so fun to be there with everyone!
Kewpie
2 days ago




2 comments:
Love the orange hoodie!
What a fun trip - Derick and I have been planning a trip for this fall, and Chicago is on our list as an option. I'm so glad you told all about it - looks like sooo much fun!
Post a Comment