Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Feeling Thanksgiving-ish

This is what we had for dinner tonight:

They are Pumpkin Pie Pancakes, and they were delicious!
Here is the recipe:
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Sugar
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1 tsp. Vanilla
Whisk all the ingredients together until well blended and cook on hot griddle.

They were so yummy! Definately a tradition in the making ...
The other thing we made last week were these:

They are Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Here is the recipe:
1 15 oz. can Pumpkin
1 Box Spice Cake Mix
1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Easy, right? Johnny actually made these, and then ate about every last cookie! They were so yummy, I can't wait to make them again.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Hey, for some reason your posts haven't been showing up in my bloglist for awhile, so I had alot to catch up on! I think your table runner is adorable! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those fabrics, and I love that leaf pattern, where'd you figure that out? I'm too scared to try anything else than the same old, but I LOVE that! I've quilted the corners up on the back of quilts, I hate when I do stupid stuff like that! I still always sew the wrong sides together and make really dumb mistakes! I'm definitly making those cookies tomorrow those look yummy and will get us in the Thanksgiving spirit! your kids are so cute all dressed up for halloween, I love their costumes, we just can't believe how big their getting!

Honey said...

This year, Ryan baked one of our pumpkins so we had pumpkin coming out our ears. We whipped up our own pumpkin spice too, so on Sunday, we first made 2 loaves and 3 mini loaves of chocolate chip pumpkin bread, then 2 doz. muffins with a cream cheese filling, and 2 dozen mini muffins. We couldn't think of anything else and this all only used about half of the pumpkin! So good though. We hadn't thought of pancakes..yum!

Charisse said...

All those things look really good. I can't believe how big Josie is getting, she is so tall. She will be in school before you know it!

Kendra said...

Little miss homemaker!!! I'm so green with envy right now. The food looks yummy and the table runner is beautiful:) You're so awesome!

Julie Jackson said...

the pumpkin cookies were so yummy, thanks for the recipes. i'm totally gonna try the pancakes.

Traci said...

Yummy! And I am so happy to see that you let your daughter go out in her princess clothes too!

So NKOTB this weekend, huh?! I am way jealous!

erika said...

Looks yummy!
I will have to try the pancakes.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

They all look scrumptious. We'll have to try them at Thanksgiving. Love you.