Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Break 2009

I'm going to turn 30 next week. When John asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, Disneyland was top of my list. Where else can you go and indulge in childish things and feel like you're 12 again? I was able to talk my parent's into letting us take my sister, Tyra, with us-- and we are so glad we did! We started our Spring Break by driving to my sister, Jessica's in St. George. We left from there to Las Vegas. We ONLY told the kids we were going to Las Vegas, they had no idea beyond that! We stayed at Circus Circus and we had a fabulous time. They saw amazing things and we enjoyed the heat and sunshine and ate lots of good food. My sister and her husband, Jordan met us in Las Vegas and we are so glad they did, and they spent the rest of our vacation with us. We left from there and drove to Disneyland. When the kids recognized where we were, they were in shock, it was a complete surprise! We spent time at Downtown Disney, and then the next day spent the day at the Park. We had the best time and made such great memories it was worth every penny, and fighting all the crowds, and it was wonderful. We drove back to St. George after that and home from there. It was a great Spring Break and we all enjoyed each other's company ... but I realize that after packing 4 kids around-- now I need a VACATION!

4 comments:

Ranay said...

We went to Disneyland last year at this time. The past few days I have been having Disney withdrawals. I'm soooo jealous! How fun to surprise your kids - what a blast!

Honey said...

At least you have a few more months to get used to the idea of 4. :) But, I'm with you on needing a vacation!

Amber said...

How fun! What a great way to surprise your kids.

erika said...

What a great way to celebrate your bday.
We too have suprized the kids by not telling them we are going to Disney.
Guess what ? We are going to Disney world in the fall.
P.S I have a question for you?
How do you put all those pictures up like that?