Thursday, May 14, 2009

Q.I.P. (Quilt in Progress)

I have had this fabric since February I think. I had wonderful plans for it, but it hit around the time that pregnancy really took it's toll on me. I lost all motivation to do anything with it, it had even been months since I'd been to the fabric store. I recently took my Mom to my favorite store to buy my fabric and left completely motivated to finish it so that I could start a new project with all the cute fabric I found. For Mother's Day John remembered a line of fabric I really loved and bought some for me, so I went back and finished buying what I would need to produce a new quilt. So, this morning I finally finished the top of my other quilt and I'm anxious to go buy fabric for the middle and back so that I can finish it. I am really in love with it, it is bright and springy and I can't wait to sit and look at it when it's finished!











And then I'll finish one more quilt before I get serious about baby girl things. I also am trying to dream up new patterns to make some cute dresses for my little girls out of all the cute fabric out right now. So hopefully there will be more pictures to come!

11 comments:

Allison Harris said...

I LOVE it! That Mary Eingelbright (however you spell her name) fabric is SO cute! I love it!

Julie Peterson said...

Wow....that is so cute! I love it!!!

Honey said...

Super cute, Min!

The Henwood's said...

Very springy indeed! So cute!

Shauni said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your quilting skills--that looks so great! I love making little girl clothes--there are so many great tutorials and patterns out there. I made the Itty Bitty Baby dress for my friend's newborn, and it was super easy and turned out so cute. Here's the blog, if you haven't seen it before-- http://madebyrae.blogspot.com/. The pattern link is on the left side of the screen.

AMBER said...

Very nice I just got into quilting this last year and it is super fun. I made Sariah one for her bed and I love it now onto Cassie's

Charisse said...

Your quilt is super cute. Thanks for all the stuff today. Also, thanks for the laughs. Seeing his ride pull up was awesome! :)

logans mom said...

Mindy. It is beautiful! You did such a great job! If only I was as talented!

Traci said...

That is adorable!!! I went to Broadbents and they have way too much cute stuff there. I want to buy all of their fabric. So I can't wait to see what you do for the new baby.

erika said...

Love it!
I wish I could sew.

Heidi said...

wow, you had to be motivated! it's awesome!