Sunday, June 01, 2008

Maggie's Dance Recital



Maggie has been working hard at Dance since Christmas. We've got her in an excellent dance class in a new Studio where she's really excelled. We've seen a major improvement and definately gotten our money's worth since her first dance recital (right, Kendra?)! Funny story about her costume: she got it while in class and when I went to pick her up the first thing she did was come and whisper to me that it doesn't have sleeves and she wasn't sure if she could wear it, so I explained to her that it would be fine for her recital and she'd look so cute and it would be okay. After we got home her and her little friend, Kylee, wanted to play in them so I told them they could wear them for about a half hour so nothing happened to them-- and not 5 minutes later Maggie came out of her room with her leotard WITH SLEEVES on underneath because she felt so awkward not having any! So yesterday after her recital we went straight to Costco and I brought her a dress to put on over the top of her costume and it didn't have any sleeves. She didn't even want to get out the car! She was so self-concious that someone would see her and she didn't have any sleeves on her shirt-- and then wouldn't you know, we saw my Aunt & Uncle, my Grandma from Idaho, and some friends from our ward! Anyway, she survived, and I told her that I'll remind her of this when she's 14 and wants to go out in her sleeveless shirts and two-peice swim suits! She did fantastic yesterday although she was a little nervous. I wish I could've got a video of Josie also dancing to the music, it was hilarious, but she was fascinated by all the dancers. If you know Josie, you'll know that she LOVES music and LOVES to dance, so she was in high heaven yesterday! We're glad Maggie is such a good example, I know Josie watches everything she does and will probably follow in all her footsteps. Isn't that what big sisters are for?


Maggie is second from the left on the front row.

12 comments:

Mix Family said...

mindy, your kids are sooo cute! that story about the sleeves is priceless! definitely a journal entry!

Charisse said...

Good Job Maggie! I can't wait for Ashley to take dance, but I have a feeling she may want to do sports like her Daddy. The recital piece was darling.

britta said...

maggie is such a pretty little girl and how cute that she is so modest.

Honey said...

Way to go Mags! What a great dancer you are and you look so beautiful. Great job!

Williams Family said...

Maggie is so cute in her costume. She did a great job!!
Chloe is like that if it is a spaghetti type strap and we'll put something underneath it. She was trying on shorts the other day at the store and she tried on a pair that only went about half or a little more down her thigh and she didn't like them because they weren't long enough.

Shauni said...

Maggie, you look so cute and you are such a great dancer! I love that she is so concerned about modesty. Abby is the same way. She's very quick to point out when people on TV are not modest, so we've had to remind her not to be rude. So now she usually says, "She's not modest, but she looks really cute!" :) But I'd rather enforce it with her now while she's young than try to fight it later...we'll see how that goes!

Kyla said...

She is such a cutie. Regan wanted me to say hello. She really misses Maggie too.

The Henwood's said...

So cute Mags! What a good girl to be so modest! Sure love you!

Sarah said...

Modest Maggie!! What a good kid....I loved how she came out wearing a long sleeve shirt under her dance outfit, that is classic!:)

Lindy said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Mindy. How did you know it was my birthday? You didn't remember it from high school, did you? Man, if you did, you are amazing!! Ha! The recital video is cute. You're kids are adorable!

Lindy said...

You definitely are not lame for remembering my birthday from high school. That is so cool, I really appreciate it actually. :) I need to get new photos up, I just haven't had the time to get them up yet. But, I will soon. I hope you have a great day and it's so great being back in touch with you.

Eliza said...

Oh the cute dance recitals of little girls.... won't get to enjoy that at my house.

K... Where is your Chicago stuff already!?