Monday, October 06, 2008

When it rains ... It FLOODS!

This weekend started out by finishing up some crafts:
A jumper for my neice in Chicago:

A table runner for my Mom's birthday:

And then we went to St. George for the weekend. We made it a super-long weekend and left Thursday afternoon. We love my sister's house, it is beautiful:

On Friday I got a massage at:

It was wonderful. My sister & Dad took the kids swimming while my Mom and I got pampered. THANK YOU!
We ate PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE:

YUMMY!
We watched General Conference:

My family in it's ultimate nerdiness with all our laptops out:

And we came home last night to this:





Yes, my friends, that is what happens to our basement when it RAINS! Now, do any of your basements flood when it rains? This is NOT normal and I'm getting a little fed up with it, not to mention the SMELL that lingers. It hadn't quite gone away since the last time it flooded, LABOR DAY WEEKEND, from YES, another rain storm!
I now have a lot of work ahead of me to get it all cleaned up and get everything dried off.
It's a good thing we had such a wonderful weekend and I didn't know what I'd be coming home to. Anyone have some wonderful smelling candles for me????

13 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Where did you get your pattern for those jumpers? They are SO cute!!! You've inspired me to want to copy you.

Oh, I know this is so late, but I FINALLY finished Breaking Dawn...it only took me 2 extra months to do it. The ending was better than the rest of the book, but by then I wasn't too into it anymore. But I am proud to say that I finished it. :)

Eliza said...

What? I am so sorry. Like you said, at least you had no idea and had fun. Anything we can do?

Allison said...

Hey looks like fun! I love Jessica's house! What the heck doesn't she know she's supposed to be dirt poor eating spagghettios after she gets married for like the first six years? Ok maybe not spagghettios, pumpkin cheesecake works. That stinks your basement floods, literally. Our basement in Rexburg never flooded, and with 5 feet of snow against our house its a miracle it never leaked last year! Goodluck, that is such a headache! Your jumper is cute though so its ok! And that table runner is SO cute, your mom is gonna love it!

Honey said...

What a poopy way to end a fun weekend! Hope the water didn't ruin anything. What a pain!

Williams Family said...

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure your basement is not supposed to do that. It can't be healthy and it shouldn't be your responsibility! (you rent the house right?) Obviously if you own it I take back the responsibility part. Either way I can understand the frustration. Sorry to hear that.
Thank you for the pattern!! I'm excited to try it. I will let you know how it goes..

Williams Family said...

I wish I had a basement!! I would love the space. :)

Charisse said...

Glad you had a fun trip. Sorry about your basement. Do you think you will move now?

Amber said...

Oh no! That is not fun. I hope you can get it fixed so it doesn't happen again. But I am glad you had a good weekend anyway.

The Henwood's said...

That so stinks guys! Unfortunately, we know what it is like coming home to water-only in our last house thankfully!!! I hope it all dries out so you don't start breathing the nastiness it can leave behind! Shall we be on standby when the moving truck arrives soon!!! Love you!

Kimberly said...

Sorry to hear about the mess in your basement. . .That is why Fieldstone did not do basements in our houses. It is because of the water table. The people that did your homes over there, did do basements, but I don't think it was a good idea of them to do. Hopefully the smell goes away soon.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

Such darlling girls in their cute, cute jumpers. I'm soooooo impressed Mindy. I'm sure sorry about your flooding. We're loving Sam's sleepover. Hope it all works out. Love you. Mom and Dad L.

Jennifer M said...

Major bummer about your basement!! Good thing you were nice and relaxed from your pampered weekend.

britta said...

What a bummer. We had problems with our basement flooding until we discovered it was coming in through a window on our main floor. We got it fixed and hasn't flooded since. Have you been able to figure out where it is coming un at?