So I spent my whole day yesterday finishing this table runner I've had cut out since September. It takes me forever to catch up on everything else so that I can sit down and sew. Well, I have a lot on my plate right now and feel like I'm being stretched in too many different directions, but I wanted it finished. I sewed it all really carefully, found a great tutorial for the binding, had a great idea to quilt it in a leaf pattern I tried on paper and thought it would be cute, and then ...
If you look really closely, you can see that the corner is actually SEWN like that. I had no idea! And I was ready to throw my stupid machine out the window yesterday because my tension knob kept eating and breaking my thread! So it already took me forever. And then my sweet leaf pattern?
Well, not so sweet after all. I think it looks terrible and I'm so sad that I kept going instead of starting over doing what I'm comfortable with and looks good!
So after stewing about it for hours last night, I cut off about 4-5 inches from the side where my corner was sewn, and I plan on binding it today, and then starting something new for Christmas. A quilt maybe? A new table runner I can look at and be happy with? A tree skirt? We'll see ...
Kewpie
2 days ago




6 comments:
Mindy it looks awesome! And that is exactly why I don't sew - it never turns out like I want it and all I ever see are all my mistakes. Just so you know, to a plain jane, such as myself, I can't see anything wrong - it looks perfect!
I HATE it when that happens! But it is so cute. How did you do the leaf pattern? Is it a fancy stitch on your machine? Teach me!
Looks like everyone had a fun halloween at your house! I love the table runner. Sorry your machine is being stinky!
Yuck! I hate snow. It was fun seeing you guys over the weekend.
Mindy I love it! What a bummer to have the bottom catch like that. I hate that. You are soooooooo talented. How fun. Love you soooooo much.
That is why I don't sew, I get too frustrated. But you are so talented. I wish I had your skills.
Post a Comment