My title is what I'm calling this quilt. Had I known going into it how long it was going to take to finish, I would've done a different pattern. I can now say that I'm in love with it, but it was a long time coming. It's 45 x 60 and I decided to do the log cabin blocks with every other one a white border. I got so tired of cutting 2 inch strips and putting together 48 of those blocks that I didn't even want to look at it anymore! I started it before Thanksgiving and finished it last week. The back is cozy flannel, which I love, but it is all puckery (is that a word?), which is discouraging to me because I pinned the bottom to my floor all tight and nice, and then I pinned the inside to the floor all tight and nice and as soon as I pinned on the top it loosened up. The quilting of it went really well, no major hitches, which always makes me happy! I also hand sewed the binding for my first time and I'm addicted. I can't believe I've never done it before this. I'm actually looking forwad to my next project just so I can hand-sew the binding, I love it and love how it turns out! Anyway, here is my finished product. It's hanging over my loveseat so I can look at it all day. The kids have packed it around and used it which makes me feel good. I guess I'll have to replace it when Christmas is over! There are sure cute Valentine's Day fabrics in now...
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago




7 comments:
That quilt is too cute to be just a Christmas quilt, I'd leave it out all year 'round! Great job!
I spelt Josie's name wrong! Your quilt looks great. I'd frame it! I looks so hard to do. Good job Josie for going potty in the big girl potty! Thanks for sending us the ticket site for Wicked. Happy birthday to Maggie and our christmas calendar looks just the same.
Your quilt looks great! I'm sure it took plenty of patience and hard work...I don't think I have enough of those to try quilts yet!
LOVE IT! You are so talented- I wish I could sew!!! My friends sewing machine is sitting on my table as I write! I borrowed it to sew some paper for scrapbooking, but I've already messed up the bobbin and don't know how to fix it!!! I didn't get very far. Maybe some day I'll take a class because I'm super jealous of all the amazing things you can do with a sewing machine and your creativity!
I'm so jealous of your talent. Maybe I should take a trip to Utah and you can teach me how to sew!
That is too cute! I can't believe you made that like your first big quilt, its totally cute! my mom and i are gushing over it right now! Super cute, you won't notice the puckers once its washed and stuff and you'll never look at them! cute cute cute, merry christmas!
Post a Comment