Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Easy Bake Oven




After Josie went down for her nap today, Maggie and I got out her Easy Bake Oven she got for Christmas. We previously made sugar cookies in it from a mix, but today we decided to try something new, so we downloaded a couple of recipes online made just for the miniature oven and decided to try the Pink Barbie Double Layer Cake. We were pleased at how excellent it turned out! Her friend, Kylie came over just in time to make frosting, lick the spoons, and cover the cake in sprinkles. After it cooled and Johnny got home from school we all shared the little, pink cake and it was surprisingly yummy! We had a lot of fun and we're looking forward to trying more recipes. After all, a little mini cake has way less calories than a great big cake, and it's always more fun to do it together in Maggie's little oven!

6 comments:

Honey said...

What darling pictures of you all! I love Maggie's chin on her shoulder pose! I did that same pose once upon a time, but I was probably too old, (about 10) and so it probably wasn't as cute either! Love all the posts!

Kendra said...

Why don't we live closer?!?!!!! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I did not even know they really worked, those little ovens...

Charisse said...

I didn't know those ovens really worked either. How fun.

The Henwood's said...

I remember how fun it was to play with an Easy-bake oven. One of our cousins got one when we were little and a whole huge box of mixes and pans and utensils and decorating stuff...such fun! It won't be long until it's the big oven too...our boys have been doing that lately and yes the big cakes have many more calories :(
Love you guys!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Yummy. Can I have some? I think the easy bake oven is the coolest toy as a kid. I stil remember Maggie as a tiny little girl. She's so grown up.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

So cute Maggie!! You cake looks yummy. Love you.