Saturday, January 19, 2008

Milestone!


I am so excited! We got a new treadmill for Christmas and after using it for a few weeks I've finally hit my 5 mile mark today! It took me an hour, but after my surgery my doctor really discouraged any running, but I've been having an itch-- so with my expensive shoes, and treadmill with good shocks, I ran as far as he said it would be okay to go. I may try to do the Rex Lee 10K, anyone want to do it with me? Charisse, want to come up and run with me for old times' sake??

12 comments:

Diana said...

Great job Mindy! I'm proud of you and if I could I'd come run the race with you.

Shauni said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you--good job on your 5 miles! I'm up for the Rex Lee Run again--and I think we should make Kendra fly out here so it can be just like 2 years ago! :)

Mauri said...

Good girl! I miss our early morning runs...oh wait, not the early part...but I give you credit for getting me back into running. My goal was to look as fabulous as you! I don't think I got there, but at least I was trying!! Way to go!!

Williams Family said...

You are putting me to shame! I also got a treadmill for Christmas (well technically a couple of weeks later) and I am definitely not able to run 5 miles yet!! Good Job!

Charisse said...

Seriously I think I would die! I only run two miles a day on the highest incline and that is hard for me. I think running 6.2 miles in the cold would kill me. But I will be thinking of you. We are actually coming up the next weekend for easter. Thanks for the invite.

Christina said...

Congrats. That's huge!! I din't know you had surgery, so that makes it an even bigger accomplishment!! Wooo HOO to YOU!!

Honey said...

That's so great! Congrats!

Kendra said...

Mindy!!!!! I've been training now for 6 weeks and I just hit my five mile mark. You are so amazing! I wish I had your determination.

Jennifer M said...

Very impressive!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

Yeah Mindy!!! Good for you. You are inspiration to all of us. Love you.

Sarah said...

Way to go Mindy! You amaze me. I love the new picture of you and John for Valentines! So cute. I'll look forward to seeing a picture of you running a marathon someday!

Anonymous said...

Good for you girl. I am doing a 10k in April!! how fun!!!Doesn't it just make you feel so good!!!
Luv ya Amber