SEWING! I am having the best time! The ladies that work at the cute little fabric store I go to recognize me now-- I can't stay away! So I bought myself a new foot for my sewing machine that will allow me to do 'free motion' quilting. I made this cousin-Allison-inspired table runner with some leftover halloween fabric. I had a great time quilting it and I feel pretty good about it for it being my first quilting project! I'm binding illiterate, but learned a lot, if only I can remember for next time. So my basement is still a disaster, I'm sure I'll get to it as soon as I use up all the fabric I've bought so far. I have 3 more projects in the works. More pictures of them to follow soon. I'm trying not to neglect my other responsibilites so my projects may take a little longer!
Pre-washing:
Post-washing:
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago




9 comments:
Mindy, I'm flying to your house and spending a week with you.. maybe a month!! I admire how you are so motivated and able to take projects on and learn new things! Your quilt is beautiful!!
Cute! It turned out so good, I can't believe how good it turned out for your FIRST free motion quilting experience!!! Totally cute! Good job!
Way to go, Mindy. That's super cute.
Hi Mindy. This is Kristy (Weaver) Lish. I have been on your mom's blog a few times and couldn't help but check out your cute family. You are amazing! I also wanted to nod my approval for Twilight and all things Stephenie Meyer. Love it. Thanks for letting long lost acquaintances like me catch up with your life. It sure is fun.
SO cute. Do you have a pattern? Can I borrow?
So cute, Mindy - I love it! Now you can teach me how to do the free motion quilting, I think it looks so good! Can't wait to see your other projects.
I love the colors. That is so cute.
Cute project. Do you want to run the Rex Lee 10k? Let me know. Love you guys!
Mindy, Sooo cute! I'm so jealous of your talent - way to go you!
Post a Comment