I've had a bit of sewing bug lately, my wheels are turning at all the projects I'd like to try. I found this cute little general store in town that sells the cutest fabric I've ever seen! I've spent HOURS this past week looking at websites, downloading tutorials, and pondering all the possibilities. So, for my first sewing project, I wanted to make something special for my new neice being born this coming Tuesday. In the past I've croched blankets, but I didn't quite get around to it this time, maybe I'll still do it in the future. So, sorry Honey if you see this before it gets to you, I am dying to put up pictures to show to everyone that I've been trying to explain the vision in my head to-- and how it actually turned out.
I didn't use a pattern, but I've seen these little jumpers before, so it all came out of my head. I learned a lot, and made many mistakes, and unpicked A LOT, but now I think I may make them for my girls-- we'll see.
The shoes I do have a pattern for, and they are so stinkin' cute and easy!
The headband I used a tutorial for flowers called "yo-yo's" that ended up pretty cute on a headband!
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago




19 comments:
mindy, those are stinking adorable. nice work!
so stinkin' cute!!! maybe one day i can have a girl and be the benefeciary (sp?) of such sewing bugs...you keep amazing me with your skills girl!
So cute, Mindy! I can't wait to put her in it! So sweet, thank you!
(I can't believe how big Josie is getting - we need her closer to play with Lucy!) We love you guys!
I love it! My sister bought one of those dresses from Etsy and it is the cutest dress she has. Yours is even cuter. I love the material! We need to get together!
So cute... could you make me one or would it look ridiculous on me? ;)
what is the name of that fabric store? I want go when when I am in town.
Look at you and your cute crafty projects! I love the outfit you made for your neice, and the tutus turned out SO cute! And thanks for the info on the Midnight Sun chapters--I just finished them and LOVE them just as much as Twilight. I really hope she chooses to finish that book--it's so fun to read from Edward's perspective!
That turned out SO cute! I can't believe you just made those one day like no biggie! So cute, I LOVe that fabric!!! its addicting, get ready to have a fabric stash!
I love it!!!! You are so smart!
You must have a really smart mother! (in-law)
So Cute! Any idea where I could find the pattern for an Adult Size Belle Dress. The blue one she wears in the beginning? I'm dying to make one, or rather con my friend into helping me make one, for Halloween.
I can't believe you made those. You are so talented!
So Stinkin cute!
You are amazing!
Soooo cute Mindy!
I love swiss days too, we have been going for years and it never gets old:)
So darling Mindy! I have seen similar ones called 'flour sak dresses' in antique type stores-but yours is WAY cuter! Love the fabric!
Your projects are so cute.
Okay, seriously I am so green with envy! You amaze me non-stop. So darn cute! I haven't posted in awhile and I also wanted to say I loved Maggie's hair on the first day of school. Always adorable and I didn't know you had a cat and Josie is so stinking cute that I just want to squish her. I miss you guys tons and tons!
You are so talented! I don't even think I could attempt that even with a pattern!!! The dress, shoes, tu-tus, are so cute! Josie looks so big and I love her hair in the pictures. Very cute.
I don't sew.And now My only girl is getting to big.Maybe you can help? You go girl!
you, my friend, have a knack for picking out fabric. that is adorable!!
Post a Comment