Monday, September 15, 2008

Project #3 (Halloween signs)

This project (and most others) was inspired by my wonderful, smart, creative, crafty cousin, Allison. She inspires me all the time and I wish I lived closer to her (Ohio) so that we could create projects together! Anyway, she made a cute birthday sign that inspired me to make these Halloween signs. I am short on Halloween-y deco so this will be fun. I made the two BOO signs at the same time and they will be sent off as gifts. Anyway, I was thinking ... --I've spent many-a-nights doing that lately and have had little sleep as my wheels have turned-- but it will be fun to make one that says Happy Birthday, and also JOY for Christmas.

Okay, for my next project ...
CLEANING OUT MY BASEMENT! My goal is to deplete all those storage bins by at least 1/3. D.I. Here I come!
No more craftiness until it is finished! (But I do have another project in mind ...)


11 comments:

Julie Peterson said...

The good thing about making things, besides dinner is that they don't get undone as fast as everything else we moms do. It's good for the self esteam! Love it!

Lexie said...

I'm going to have to get some tips on how to make this! I've been wanting more Halloween decorations.

Katy said...

I want instructions when you get a chance!!

Allison said...

i LOVE it, that turned out so cute I can't believe it! I like the letters so much, they are so much cuter cut out like you did. And with ribbons around them, SO Cute! I might have to make one myself! Super cute I love it!

Amber said...

You are so motivated! Could you send some of that motivation my way? The sign is really cute.

Williams Family said...

I need to come to your house and see how you get so much done in one day!!!!!!!!!

Allie and Spencer said...

I love your blog! I have to remember the cute hair-dos and craft ideas. Good luck with the organizing! Love Allie

Charisse said...

Cute signs! It is so great that you like to sew. I absolutely despise it. I do like to organize though. Good luck with your basement.

The Henwood's said...

So cute Mindy! My poor machine has been used only a handful of times since Ben bought it for me for our anniversary oh 4 years ago!!! Someday I'll get back to it! Love you guys!

Sarah said...

Holy cow Woman! You are amazing!
The basement is always a never ending project...same with the garage!!

Jeannie Barclay said...

Darling halloween sign! You'll have the basement whipped out in no time I'm sure! I love a good project! love ya!