Thursday, May 31, 2007

Johnny's Kindergarten Program





I have to say that I'm glad we got to experience Johnny's kindergarten program because it was a show we'll probably never witness again-- and I don't mean the kids! The spectacle the parents put on was absolutely crazy! These little kids were having a program for the last day of kindergarten and these parents were celebrating like it was high school! The view of the kids on stage was blocked by multiple balloon boquets, flowers, gifts, and people being too rude to sit so people behind them could see. We got there 15 minutes early and we were still in the back of the room. I'm disappointed in my pictures because I couldn't even fight my way to the stage to get a good shot. I tried to be as agressive as I could, but got held up about half way to the front of the room. Anyway, it was great to be there and Johnny did a wonderful job. I have no idea what the song was they performed that is in this video. His teacher this year was the greatest and he made so many good friends. Afterwards we were looking at his report card for the year and he excelled in everything he did. We're so proud of his developing social and academic skills, he's a different person than he was a couple years ago. It's great to see him get out of his comfort zone and really learn to adapt and he's done an amazing job! We're so grateful for the person he's growing into.
Johnny is on the top row.

3 comments:

Honey said...

Way to go Johnny, you're a first-grader now! How fun to see your pics and video.

Charisse said...

Good job Johnny! What were you all singing about? How fun to know some espanol!!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

Johnny that is super!! We're so proud of you and how well you have done in Kindergarten. What a wonderful and unique experience you have had! We're so excited for you to move back. We can hardly wait. We love you so much.