Today we discovered a new activity that can be done indoors. We had a playgroup at the church this morning where a wonderful mother of a lady in our ward has decided to host once a week. There were many activities for the kids to choose from, some songs, and some stories to keep all the kids busy. Josie's absolute favorite was a clear storage bin full of rice and white lima beans with all kinds of spoons and cups to dig and fill. I was absolutely amazed that it was the one thing she sat and played in the whole time! Anyone that knows my sweet Josie knows what a curious little handful she is, so it is absolutely wonderful to find anything that will keep her from getting into things she shouldn't, stop her from teasing Maggie, and keep her sitting still for longer than 5 minutes! So, my next trip after play group was to Walmart, ready to reinvent the rice box! We made it home at about noon, and I just barely put her to bed and it is about 1:45 p.m. She even ate her lunch while she played! I cannot believe how long she sat there and played, and that her and Maggie played nicely. So, if you need a wonderful indoor activity-- here is my recommendation. Clean up wasn't so bad either, I bought a plastic tablecloth to go underneath and so all the rice and beans just dumped right back in the bucket, and for the rest-- just get out your broom!
Kewpie
2 days ago




2 comments:
Hi! I am friends with Katy McGee and was surfing her list of bloggers(I really like to see what other people are up to...and then I usually cannot help myself and have to comment) Anyways...thank you for such a cute idea! I am really glad you shared. I can't wait to try it out. I remember when I was in 2nd grade my teacher had a similar box that I loved to play in but forgot about it until now!
Also...yay for LOST!! I just wanted to share in your enthusiasm. My husband and I just finished the 3rd season and we are hooked!!
What a great idea! Blake would love this. I think I will try to do this when Ashley is a little older so she doesn't choke. I can't believe Josie will be 2 tomorrow, tell her happy birthday for us!!
Post a Comment