While I should have been scrubbing toilets, vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning house today to make up for our summer absences, this is what I was watching instead:
Breaking Dawn Interview
I watched from #'s 1-10 and I really feel a lot better about the whole book. I needed some answers and I feel relieved to have them. I'm also halfway through reading it again and I really love it now the 2nd time around. So, if you have an extra hour today-- watch this interview, it is worth your time!
Kewpie
2 days ago




11 comments:
I've finished and we'll have to sit at talk about it. I thought it was okay but I think a lot of if was kind of a cop out. We'll have to chat.
Please convince me it's worth finishing...A couple of days ago I finished the part where they let Bella's dad come to see her and he was totally ok with her looking weird and not knowing anything about what happened to her. I want to like this book but just can't get over that everything keeps turning out perfect. Or maybe I've already made up my mind and I can't be convinced. What do you think. I'm asking you because you are the first person I've heard from that didn't seem to just love it from the beginning, you actually seemed a little confused about whether you liked it or not...
I'm at about the same point as the previous comment--not sure if it's worth it to finish it all. I even sneaked a peak at the last page because I couldn't bring myself to go through what I've heard is kind of a lame-o battle thing at the end.
Nessie? Really?
p.s. when we were sitting around the table and I was joking about how she was going to have a baby that was half-vampire and half-werewolf I hadn't even started the book yet!! Turns out I wasn't so far off--so now I know why you gave me a look like "hey--shh!"
You're totally right, I do need to finish it. I also need to get into my happy vampire mode when reading...I think I've been reading too many serious books lately so my mind is in the "this so cannot happen" mode. We're leaving on vacation today and I wasn't planning on taking it but I will and try and finish it. Thanks for your help! If I'm still struggling, I'll take a look at those interviews. :) I really do want to like this book!
Thanks for posting that. I like to mull things over for a while after I've read a book, so I'm not entirely sure what I think yet. I really liked that Stephenie explained the whole "chess" thing on the front. It totally bugged me that there wasn't a battle at the end, but then when I thought about it, the battles we have in our minds are so much harder to fight.
I do think things might have ended a little to easy and perfect, but at the same time I'm a sucker for those "Disney happily ever after endings". I think people just have to read it for what it is "fiction". It's just like how can Wilie Coyote fall off a cliff and yet get right back up and chase the Road Runner. . . it's not real.
I think mainly people were disappointed, like I was, because Bella is human and we can relate to that, and now she's this vampire that has this perfect world, (looks, money, a family) and nobody can relate to that. People like to struggle through a story, just like life, and then get the happy ending, instead of just having it handed it to them.
Anyways, sorry to write a novel on here. Just some thoughts. . .
Oh there was one part that confused me though. After they didn't fight the volturi they came to the conculsion that the volturi would eventually pick them off one by one and none of the characters are concerned about this. Hmmm?
I have about 100 pages left in the book. I'm trying not to form an opinion until I've finished. So I'll let you know what I think after. There is so much packed into this book!!
Fun to look at all your pictures. What a fun summer. I'm kinda excited for fall now though. Looks like you had a fab summer. Love Jeannie
I have heard so many of the same reactions. But after I got those answers and reread it again, I LOVED it just as much as the other books. I probably better not get started or else I'll leave a mile long comment! I'm glad things ended the way they did and I think that if they were different, people would still complain. I loved the book though!
I so loved this whole series I mean the last book was pretty obvious as to what was going to happen but that is okay I love the cheesy happily ever after.
Mindy... I just finished the book and I am still considering it all. I immediately went and watched those clips. I am so glad you suggested it... they eased my mind on some things. thanks
Post a Comment