Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Maggie started school a week after Johnny so today was her first day. It's weird to think that she's the same age Johnny was when we moved to Tucson. She's had her outfit picked out for weeks and she didn't sleep at all last night she couldn't stand the anticipation of it all! She got to go to the bus stop and wait with Johnny and play with her friends at recess and then ride the bus home with them. She had the biggest grin getting off the bus today, she just loved it. I'm so proud of how grown up and independent she is, I'm grateful she's had Johnny to watch and has the confidence she needs to be a great kindergartner!




8 comments:

Amy said...

You have a darling family!
It is fun to see how they grow up!

Julie Peterson said...

OHHHH, I hate to see them grow up!
It is fun to see her so thrilled with this adventure!

Charisse said...

Yeah for Maggie. Good for her to be so brave. She looks so grown up. Blake can't wait to start pre-school on Sept.2nd! Yeah!

Allison said...

That is so cute Mindy, I would have followed her to school and spied on her cause she's just too dang cute to leave! I put a batting in my quilts/table runners called warm and natural, you can buy it by the yard at Joanne's, its usually like 9 dollars a yard but you can print off their 40% off coupons online. It lays nice and flat and washes well, or another nice one is called Hobbs 80/20, not sure if Joann caries that one or not. Take a picture when you start sewing!!!

Sarah said...

yay, I'm so glad to hear she had a great first day...especially riding the bus! Kindergarten is always kind of nerve racking for the parents and kids:)

I have heard ROCKBAND is sooo fun!

Amber said...

Mindy,

I just realized that you have a blog. I don't know why I didn't figure that out before. I have had so much fun looking at all of the pictures of your family. Your kids are so big. You look beautiful, like always. And John seems so happy to be done with all those years of school. Way to go! I will be checking your blog often now that I know you have one. Let me know next time you are coming to I.F. I would love to see you.

Marcie said...

What a cute little Maggie! She looks so excited and I love the picture of Josie waiting at the bus stop next to the kids. So cute! Love ya!

Kimberly said...

How did you do Maggie's hair? It looks darling, as usual! Too bad that she is not in the same class as Kylee and Whitney. (Whitney has been asking to play with Maggie, so we need to get them together for a play date!